Objects may be aligned relative to others. You can also align objects relative to page guides.
- Choose the Object tool from the toolbar.
- Select the objects to be aligned.
- Choose one of the alignments available in the Object > Align submenu.
- The order in which you select the objects does not affect how they are aligned. Instead, objects are left-aligned to the left-most object in the selection, right-aligned to the right-most, top-aligned to the top-most, etc.
Displaying the Alignment Toolbar
All alignment and distribute functions are available in the Object Alignment toolbar.
To show this toolbar, choose View > Toolbars > Object Alignment.
- Aligning text blocks does not affect the paragraph alignment (justification) within the text blocks.